This mini hackathon is essentially a no-frills version of MOSA's Winter 2020 Hackathon. Though there will be no official panel of judges nor sponsored prizes, winners will be selected via People's Choice Voting.
The primary motivation is for you to learn something new, build something cool, and boost your portfolio! Any programming language is permissible!
The event is open to all current students of the MCIT Online program and is a great opportunity to work on an open-ended project of your choice with classmates from across the MCIT Online student community.
Please use this google form to sign up for the hackathon (note: you must be signed in to your UPenn account to access this form): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BxJqQFtr0T0as4FjPofCWRRTzpt8in8cAmM9OGihN00
Find a team
Join #mosa-hackathon-event on Slack to introduce yourself, look for a team, meet other participants, ask questions, and create some buzz. The maximum number of students per team is 3. Students may work alone, but we encourage you to work together!
Don’t forget to become a MOSA member to attend our events! All hackathon participants must be registered with MOSA.
- Duration: 7 – 15 March
- Registration deadline: March 6, 11:59pm ET
- Official start: March 7, 0:00am ET
- Project proposals due on Devpost: March 13, 11:45pm ET
- Final submission deadline: March 15, 11:45pm ET
- Public voting begins: March 16, 0:00am ET
- Public voting ends: March 20, 5:45pm ET
- Winners announced: March 20, 6:00pm ET
Rewards and recognition
- Public recognition: the winning team will be publicly congratulated in a workspace-wide Slack announcement and on the MOSA website.
- Resume building: you'll have an awesome project that you can showcase to potential employers on your GitHub and LinkedIn profiles.
- Intrinsic reward: we all love learning for its own sake, don't we?
Communication and submission platforms
- Registration form: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BxJqQFtr0T0as4FjPofCWRRTzpt8in8cAmM9OGihN00
- Devpost: https://mosa-hackathon-spring-2020.devpost.com/
- Slack: #mosa-hackathon-event
- GitHub: You must link to the GitHub repository in your Devpost submission
The event is open to all current students of the MCIT Online program. However, this is a MOSA member-only event, so please sign up for the club at GOPenn and join us at #mosa on Slack.
- You must link to the GitHub repository in your Devpost submission.
- Your GitHub repository must include a README file. Stay tuned for the official template.
- You must include a demo video of 1 - 5 minutes duration.
Public recognition: the winning team will be publicly congratulated in a workspace-wide Slack announcement and on the MOSA website.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
MCIT Online Students